Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Green Lea First School is an inclusive mainstream school which aims to include all pupils in all aspects of school life and support our children to meet their potential and achieve at school.
This is achieved in the following ways:
1. Quality First Teaching is provided to all children.
2. All staff are committed to removing any barriers to learning and participation in school life that can hinder or exclude individual pupils or groups of pupils.
3. A nurturing environment is provided where children feel safe, secure and able to achieve to their highest ability.
4. A range of teaching approaches are used to accommodate the different learning styles of the children.
5. All pupils are equipped with the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to succeed as responsible and valued members of the community.
6. Pupils with SEND and their parents/carers are involved in the planning, assessing, delivering and reviewing of the child’s progress and attainment throughout their learning journey at Green Lea First School.
7. All children are provided with the opportunity to access wider school life and participate fully in our school community.
8. Our policies and procedures for the raising of standards apply to all children thus ensuring inclusive schooling for all children including those with SEND.
The Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCo) at Green Lea First School is Miss L. Dale.
The SEND Governor is Mrs K. Kite.
Staffordshire Local Offer provides information in one place for children and young people aged 0-25 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), their parents/carers and professionals.
The Local Offer includes information on local services to help children, young people, parents and carers make choices about the support they receive.
For more Green Lea First School information please click the links below: